NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+29
shadesofobsidian
chronorec
ConJurer
Riiyu
peggy17688
sakiaishida
JoanHong
Dialkia
Ningx
Oro
yuriko
Gin
overmage
kamikazer
chibichan
Stifler
draxander
shuupi
ZeroG
HaNDy
Dcal
ラビღ
laguna84
cloud0_o
wwy
Hayate
ill-lushtrator
charlieyankee
Gestaltgeek
33 posters

Welcome and Introduction thread

wwy
    wwy

Welcome and Introduction thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm

yay for MAE!!! lets all meet up man...

@kamikazer:

what modules do you take now? i'm at these lectures

maths 4
    fluid mechanics
    mechanics of materials
    e&e
    kinematics

so maybe we should say hi sometime

Last edited by wwy on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Welcome and Introduction thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 pm

MAE yr 3 reportin'
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:57 pm

o.O MAE gathering??
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

yesh aren't we all so cliquey hahahaha
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:06 pm

ahhhh cliquish! RAWR. T.T anyone is business or accountancy? XD
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:29 pm

lol...

@wwy, i taking:
    mechanics of materials
    thermo
    essential maths
    maths 3
    manu tech and material
    foundation physics

its seems we are almost on opposite semesters...

@draxander,
    haha i dont really consider myself your senior... i direct entry, but 2yrs in NS wipes clean my brain... i essentially taking yr2 modules with no foundation... quite jia lat...

@gestaltgeek,
    are u coping well with sch work? strong in maths? got time to spare? XP
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:48 pm

ARA~~~~ kun long!!! now i know why that name sounds familiar. i was the one sitting across (well and a little to the side) when we ate dinner @ macs that day. i asked you about MoM and you said you finished tutorial 6.

wahaha~ see you in MoM then. Good luck for the quiz!

(Also maths 3 is easy doable. Way easier than maths 4, at least)
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 am

Ahaha. I'm taking Physics, 1st year. At least I know that there's at least one person who's also in PAP. XD
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 am

Eh, who? First year PAP! Haha I am taking PHYS1A which is the equivalent of PAP118. Physics lab reports eat my life. ;w;
    overmage
    overmage

Post by overmage Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 am

Hello all! I'm Eric, first year student in MSE, from Designer's Club! I also happen to be draxander's classmate!

Like draxander and Cloud0_o, I'm also an FF fan. In fact, I have FFVII, FFVIII, FF Tactics, FFVI and FFX on my laptop right now under emulators. Been playing them emulated for quite awhile now, although I've finished FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2(urgh), FFX, and FFXII on my PS/PS2 before. I just finished FFVIII a few weeks ago in hall!

I'm horrid at traditional medium, because my hands are like my feet, I'm clumsy as hell with a horrid handwriting to boot. But I like design, particularly Photoshop, so I'm in this club because I hope I can get better at it. I make forum signatures, catch my thread on it soon!

I play many computer games; as of now I have Half Life 2, Portal, TF2, WoW, TFT/DotA, Spore:GA, FF 6-10, CS, Starcraft: BW, Crysis, Left 4 Dead staring at me while I'm trying to study for physics test next week Razz

Oh, and don't ask me what my WoW server is - I play on a private server, since I ran out of cash. I'm a forum moderator on my server's forums Smile

And to Stifler: 4chan? Razz

Last edited by overmage on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 am

Hey hey, was wondering when you would pop by here, Eric, through I think I should call you overmage now. Think I"m going to die for the test next week. Ahaha. And no, don't bring 4chan there. Lets not drag the young innocent souls of those there into the pit of darkness that is 4chan. And tell me if you manage to get FFX working on your laptop....I want to play that too.
    overmage
    overmage

Post by overmage Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:54 am

I did manage to, in fact, I am playing it as I type. Razz

It's not easy to get it to work, though. Takes a bit of tinkering. Razz It lags when you cast particularly graphics intensive spells like Demi. But it looks even more awesome on PC than on the PS2, because I can use HD resolution to play it. Very Happy

Last edited by overmage on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 am

Damn. You got to pass that to me, man. I never got to chance to play it since I could not get the emulator to work, and I don't have a PS2.
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:11 am

Trust you to come/be online at such a time, Eric... and you seriously have too much time. Heh.
    overmage
    overmage

Post by overmage Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:14 am

I just spent an entire day - nearly nine hours - finishing my math tutorial, and making one page of physics notes.

GG.
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 pm

So weird to introduce myself when it's kinda off topic...? *points above threads*

Anyway...
    Kristin from aniworks, yoroshiku onegaishimasu Very Happy I prefer action-packed shounen anime, best if the plot is good and dark. Smile Not much of a shoujo fan unless the main character is unique, and of course, a bishounen buffet XDDD

I can't draw to save my life, so all I do is play anime music, haha...
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Hello there! Play anime music? In what sense? (but in any sense also means got talent right! XD)
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 pm

urm sorry kinda out of topic, is it possible for everyone of us to put our name on signature? XD so easier for us to identify each other =3

just a suggestion. what do u guys think? ^^
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:24 pm

heys kristin! yea that's an idea jeanny. maybe can ask overmage to create templates for us XD *indicates the signature thread he posted*
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:42 pm

SilentNahani wrote:
    I can't draw to save my life, so all I do is play anime music, haha...

what anime? what instrument? Idea
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am

Music FTW!!!!!!!! LOL

1) I play the piano.
    2) Talent? Not like Tsuchiura (La Corda d'Oro) or Nodame, haha
    3) No particular anime. Just random selections, provided I can find the scores *lazy to play by ear* Surprised Not all music sound nice on piano, haha.

Some music I play:

FMA - Uso
    FMA - Again
    Gundam - Ignited piano ver
    DN Angel - True Light (love this song)
    Naruto - Sadness and Sorrow
    Bleach - Rolling Star
    Bleach - Sakura Biyori
    Bleach - Shoujo S
    Haruhi - God Knows (didn't watch, but I heard the music)
    Ouran - Sakura Kiss

May be trying out K-On some time in the future... Very Happy
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Haha omg True Light! There was a time when I looped this song over and over again. XD Well if I dig out the lyrics and practised, I believe I can still sing it... (dubiously...)
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

yes! and sakura kiss! ahh brings back wonderful memories! kiss kiss fall in love~ XD
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

ufufu, you could include making a jam band in your list of activities now.
    overmage
    overmage

Post by overmage Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Shoujo S! Rock chicks in an anime intro! :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content