NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+10
hitsugaya_vk
Stifler
kamikazer
Kageshiro
Acc1
Weiliang
draxander
wwy
Gestaltgeek
chibichan
14 posters

Who's up for Regular meetings?!

Acc1

Who's up for Regular meetings?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's up for Regular meetings?!

Post by Acc1 Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:59 pm

only addressing the travelling home issue.

some ppl are fine with late travelling of course. but i hope that it is possible to accomodate those who are not tt comfortable such as me and kamikazer (<- i think, correct me if its not the case) so far.
    kamikazer:
    personally, i dont really prefer wednesday nights since i have classes everyday at 8.30am and i stay in AMK... then again every alternate friday nights, there is another club i like to commit myself to...

Different people have different thresholds for waking hours and personally I need 10 hrs to be fully rested. Please note that this is not equal to laziness.. it's just a difference in physical makeup =.= that's y im always lagging behind in studies.

plus, if we do implement alternate day meetings all members should be able to attend at least one afternoon meeting?
    wwy
    wwy

Who's up for Regular meetings?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's up for Regular meetings?!

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:57 pm

afternoon meetings... can you set a timeframe for afternoon meetings? because afternoon can range from something like 1pm to 4pm. I don't know about other facs but year 2 engineers tend to have 9-5 days on average.

i don't think you need to have people in the same fac to form study groups, though it would be nice if you did i guess...? anyway this is about club bonding hmmm.

also the more people you know the more people you have to go home with. who knows, someone might be driving and he/she practically lives next to you, wouldn't that be awesome.
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 pm

was just listing. Surprised but yea. dinner's more feasible. hmm..

anyways, i understand your concern acc1. i don't believe it's only the both of you. There'll definitely be more. hence we're consider both afternoon/night meeting. One issue with afternoons is that there are lesser venues for us to consider. maybe at sac if that's the case. but if that's so, we won't have the av materials necessary to screen anime if that's still on. So I suppose starting times for late afternoons will be like about 4-5. and nights would be 6-7? Each meeting will last like 1.5~2h? or maybe less depending on our needs. So I don't think I'll eliminate night meetings altogether because some people, as you prefer afternoons, they prefer nights. So it's about coming to a consensus here.

I think eventually a rhythm will kick in but for now, we'll try this out and see how it goes.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:00 pm

10 hours...is a lot for me >_<;; but i guess it is understandable that not everyone can survive on 4 hours a day of sleep...(if i go for 2 days of 2 hours sleep a day..i usually need like 6 hours sleep on the 3rd day to make up...) wed night is ok for me..."technically" since my thursday class starts late but travelling is a problem too...but my main problem is i have my 6.30-8pm tutorial class...i live in bukit pangjang which can be 1 and a half hours by public transport or 20 mins if i drive =_=;; so depending on how late the meeting is, i'll make arrangements accordingly, i suppose if i drive i can drop some ppl off at cck mrt if it helps?
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 pm

i guess for me, as long as it doesnt go pass 9pm, i should be ok... like denise said: try out and see how...

denise, by av material, i presume u refer to a projector?

hmm... maybe i should consider staying in hall... how bout squatting? anyone here comfortable to accommodate a squatter?
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 pm

yeaps projector. but maybe, we should do more productive things most of the time like possibly planning for cosplay if we were to go about it this yr @ EOY o.o

anyways, i think we'll have it such that meetings will last till a max of 9pm? possible time periods could be 5-7pm, 6-8pm or 7-9pm? or we could have shorter meetings?
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I still think tutorial room is the best, because SAC rooms always tend to be fully booked most of the time.

Perhaps, what we can do is start to hijack a tutorial room at around 4-5pm, those who are free then can start coming down, while those not so free can join later, and stay there until perhaps 9pm or whenever you guys feel like leaving. If we have important things to discuss on that day, we spend 1 or 2 hrs for the discussion meeting within a time frame that is convenient for most people, while everyone else can spend the rest of the time doing whatever they like, basically just mingling around.

If availability of venue is a concern, we can make it mobile, there are so many tutorial rooms to use. We can specify beforehand like for a certain day, a particular range of tutorial rooms we might want to use (eg. TR 1-20). Then within this range, we will just take whatever room is free and paste some signage on the door so the rest of the subcomm can find the room. If we need to vacate a room, we just take all our stuff including the signage to some other free room within the specified range.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:58 am

But don't they lock the doors? I've heard that the computer locks up the tutorial rooms if they aren't booked beforehand.
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 am

i've heard that the seminar rooms in nbs are never locked, though. i can't 100% confirm it :\
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 am

Well I do know that the Seminar rooms on the HSS side are magnetically locked, can't confirm for NBS though

Tutorial rooms aren't locked automatically. It's only lecture theatres. Anyway if you're ever locked inside a lecture theatre, there's a button to press near the side of the door to release the magnetic lock
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 am

yeaps nbs sem rooms are available. stayed till 11pm before there XD
    hitsugaya_vk
    hitsugaya_vk

Post by hitsugaya_vk Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:04 am

もしもし! venessa reporting in! Smile

regarding the meetings, i'm alright for weds but not fri... gotta teach tuition.. gomen~
    and that's the onli day i'm left free with Sad
    Acc1

Post by Acc1 Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 am

wwy wrote:afternoon meetings... can you set a timeframe for afternoon meetings? because afternoon can range from something like 1pm to 4pm. I don't know about other facs but year 2 engineers tend to have 9-5 days on average.
    Kageshiro wrote:i have my 6.30-8pm tutorial class...
    chibichan wrote:
    anyways, i think we'll have it such that meetings will last till a max of 9pm? possible time periods could be 5-7pm, 6-8pm or 7-9pm? or we could have shorter meetings?

I think 5-7pm will be gd for late afternoon meetings. since it seems like engineers end ard 5 and late night classes start ard 630.

for night meetings tho i'd like to go home earlier i think 7-9pm wld be better than 6-8pm cuz of classes and dinner issues.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:16 pm

So can we reach a consensus on this Wednesday's meeting?

How about this, we can start gathering for those who can make it at around 4:30pm at TR1-14(we'll paste a piece of paper on the door indicating which room we'll be using in that range) doing miscelleaneous stuff like sharing and watching anime or just eating dinner. Start the real meeting proper at maybe 6pm to discuss on any club issues, then for those who want to stay on till 9pm to do their own stuff, they're free to do so.
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 pm

have updated the 2nd post with details for upcoming meeting!
    Acc1

Who's up for Regular meetings?! - Page 2 Empty Names for animeworks

Post by Acc1 Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 am

chibichan wrote:
    Names for animeworks (i'll just list everything here ._.):
    1. aniw (pronounced as a-new)
    2. ani-v
    I suggest A&W. (not sure if it wld infringe copyrights)

Pros:
    1. Easy to remember since its the name of the fast-food chain A&W.
    2. Short and sweet, only 3 characters.
    3. Looks nice cuz its not all letters, includes the symbol &.
    4. Derivation of AnimeWorks --> AnW --> A&W.
    5. Only one way to pronounce, eliminates embarassment from wrong pronounciations of the club name.

Cons:
    1. Objections of our club being associated with a fast food chain.
    2. Comdemnation as a name lacking creativity and uniqueness.[/list]
    Counterarguments to lack of creativity and uniqueness:
    No other student club named A&W can be found.
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 am

anw --> "ANYWAY"

but i guess A&W does give the misleading impression that we're some fast-food consuming couch potatoes.....
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:05 am

Following in the culture of the Japanese abbreviating names:

Ani-Works (アニワクス)
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Wah... So fast the discussions... I am only the second time logging in... lol..

Self intro: Haha, I am Siyu, the MIA recently... coz of email "technical problem" and internet connection... paiseh..

BTW Denise, we dun have VAS meeting mah tml evening??? which I thought have....

About classes la, HO HO HO... Year 2 Eng (esp direct-entry ones) students... GOODLUCK man! I have passed my Year 2 liao... *Grins... Ya I understand your workload... been thru... and yet Still Breathing here... Wink Which eng course you in??? I can help a little if same course lor. Oh btw I am in ENE/ yr 3.

Afternoons free: ya like Denise said, I am free in wed from 11.30 onwards, which either i go home after that (come for meeting in evening) or stay in sch... tml la... if got meeting later on, i going to change hp and back home and back to campus again. Laughing Fri la, I free from 3.30 onwards, as lon as you dun catch me on thurs... 8.30am to 8.30pm for me on thurs, otherwise my classes ends around 4.30pm.

Oh I am getting long-winded here... haha... talk later after others posted... hehe... WILL BE BACK! Razz
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:28 am

heys siyuuuu, took u long enough XD. anyways, go self intro urself again under the general thread >> here

XD hahas. anyways, yeaps, looks like we'll be doing the alternate thing and i'll most likely be mia almost all friday meetings T.T
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 am

can i copy paste the msg here to there... haha... ver lazy to intro again...
    lol... Laughing
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Great meeting today! Definitely had my share of fun. I guess it may have been a little unfocused, perhaps we can streamline some plans for the next meeting, like some definite activities to do. Maybe plan beforehand stuff to watch, or I'm gonna run out of AMVs to show. Or perhaps some agreed upon topics of discussions.

Understand that most people have their CAs and stuff, hope to see more people join us for the next one.
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:14 am

haha... Definitely will... Sorry Guys, I did not attend this meeting, have to rush out assignment by fri. Hope everyone enjoy today... Crying or Very sad ... Hope I can join the next one...

*Thumb ups* for AMVs... Oh, anyone interested, "screenin" some animes??? Any suggestions???

And not forgetting, I am most likely be facillating on Fris, as Denise is unable to. Bur I will try my best to come on wed... Razz

Oh when is the next one la???
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 am

That would be next next friday (unless you want to cancel since its quiz week T.T) Very Happy

urgh need to sleep now. will give my input bout' the anime soon~ Very Happy
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:03 am

9 oct i have a resume workshop at 6.30pm... so if you guys start early at 5pm.. i can come and "see see", and then leave you guys to your own... after i have updated the sub-coms (if there is any updates).... otherwise, postpone to the following fri lor...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am