NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

2 posters

Animation Nation 2009

Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Animation Nation 2009 Empty Animation Nation 2009

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Check out the post on the main site, or visit their website directly.

http://www.sfs.org.sg/animation/an2009/index.html

Anyone interested in going? They've got a pretty good lineup this year. I myself can vouch that in terms of anime, Barefoot Gen (better "war" movie than Grave of the Firflies in my opinion, seriosly underrated) and Genius Party are great stuff. Though non-anime, Waltz with Bashir is also excellent.

Also, they also accept volunteers to help out at the event (mostly stuff like ushering and ticketing), I've done so myself last year and intend to do so again this year, anyone interested as well?
    wwy
    wwy

Animation Nation 2009 Empty Re: Animation Nation 2009

Post by wwy Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:39 pm

oh barefoot gen. is it the one where they drop the atomic bomb and people get melted and their eyeballs pop out and stuff

: \ i could be wrong and its not that, though
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:52 am

wwy wrote:oh barefoot gen. is it the one where they drop the atomic bomb and people get melted and their eyeballs pop out and stuff

: \ i could be wrong and its not that, though

Yep, that's the exact one. Really graphic stuff. Animation Nation is showing both the first and second movies back to back.

For those who don't know, Barefoot Gen is based on a semi-autobiographical manga series on the manga-ka's experience living in pre and post atomic bomb Hiroshima when he was young. The Manga-ka only recently retired.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am