NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+2
Kageshiro
Stifler
6 posters

Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!*

Poll

You would rather watch Eva 2.0 on the?

[ 0 ]
    Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Bar_left0%Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Bar_left100%Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Stifler
    Stifler

Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Empty Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!*

Post by Stifler Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 am

As discussed during the meetings, we are planning to have a movie outing to catch the long awaited Eva movie Evangelion: 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance.

There is a Facebook group that's planning to go on the 14th of Nov, a Saturday, at 7.30. Their aim is to fill up the whole theater (and they might just do it). Anyway, long story short, the person in charge of it is a friend of mine, and he will be able to get us tickets for the movie. Each ticket cost $10 and you can mingle with a huge crowd of like-minded people. You might even see a few "famous" or familiar faces among the local blogging scene or otaku crowd.

The other option is to not join them, but instead have our own outing the following day, on the 15th, a Sunday. Timing for this is unconfirmed (because I didn't check it out yet) and so are the prices.

If you would like to join me to watch the Eva 2.0, just post in the thread or email me at alvinchua383[AT]msn[dot]com. Also, please tell me by Monday, the 9th of Nov, because I have to get back to that friend of mine. Many thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Going (14th Nov):
    1) Stifler

Going (15th Nov) 5.10 pm Time slot.
    1) mazatsushi
    2) Gestaltgeek
    3) Myself
    4) Kamikaizer
    5) No one else?

Last edited by Stifler on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Empty Re: Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!*

Post by Kageshiro Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

kukuku~

i'm ok with either day though, can bring my sis along? hehe...
    i also think that going with others on the 14th might be an interesting experience...(feel the power of the zettai ryouiki[AT-Field] that a bunch of otakus exude...)

oh no...i dun have an eva shirt...

(need to draw more eva stuff...should i draw mari?)

btw for those who don't know...there is new character added into this movie. Mari 'Illustrious' Makinami. i have no idea how in the world they came up with 'illustrious in her name...though she does have a meganeko look and does look like a lot of other...art-oriented...characters...

She'll be voiced by Sakamoto Maaya who has done quite a wide range of character types so her voice might not be as easily recognisable as some others. Would be interesting to see which one she uses for Mari...prob the confident-school-news-reporter type...
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Empty Re: Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!*

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Either day is fine with me, but if our club guys prefer to go Sunday, I'd rather go as a club.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:59 am

oh no...i'm like...4 month outdated...

just downloaded a briefly watched...Evangelion 2.0...with subs...(filmed off a vidcam in the cinema...) the sounds is decent enough to hear, and the screen is a bit off centre thats all but if u play it full screen u can hardly notice...)

IT'S...EPIC!!! A MUST WATCH! IF ANY OF U HAVE ANY DOUBTS ON WATCHING IT, GIVE IT UP NOW~~~

Need to put restraints on myself to hold back from saying any spoilers...but i'll try to limit what i say to very brief ones.

If u really hate spoilers of anykind whatsoever, turn back now~~

*spoilers?*
    1- Asuka, Mari and the new EVA make there appearance (ok nothing new)
    2- Some of the foreign characters speak in english in some scenes
    3- Bringing the series up to date, there are some moe-ish elements added in
    4- The test-plug-suit that was mentioned in the radio drama and real-ised, is actually an official design O_O i thought it was fan made, and yes it does make an appearance
    5- Like Eva 1.0, a lot of events are shuffled ard and modified so that the story flows better. They really did an overhaul in 2.0, very very extreme overhaul...for the better! taking out boring story arc and twisting it so that it ups the tension lvl
    6- Like the last angel in 1.0, a lot of the Angels now have this sort of morphable ability to them
    7- A lot of the characters have more...personality in them than in the original series (Rei and Shinji included)
    8- All the Evas become more epic, Unit-01 goes from epic to GODLY
    9- Side effect is that shinji isn't quite so much a boring character anymore
    10- They got all the EVAs to move more naturally now so the battles are more lively
    11- There is a trailer for EVA 3.0 : Quickening , so be sure to stay till the end
    12- It seems they have scrapped those white mass production series EVAs (UNIT 05-13) as Nagisa Kaoru appears at the end in his UNIT-08

This is considered...minimal amt without spoilers?

Can i also recommend screening Evangelion 1.0 for the next meeting to refresh ppl minds? (I've got the DVD but i'm sure some of u also have it)
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:24 am

i'm fine with both days, though i prefer the day where it is easier to obtain good seats...

Kageshiro wrote:
    Can i also recommend screening Evangelion 1.0 for the next meeting to refresh ppl minds? (I've got the DVD but i'm sure some of u also have it)

how bout eva 1.11? but is there still meeting next week? so close to exams... though i would still turn up if there is...
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:52 am

oh yea forgot abt the 1.11, you have the subtitled BD version of it?...i finally don't have tutorial class on wed evening >_<;; so i can actually make it lol... but true... i dun know if there is meeting or not...
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 pm

The good seats for the opening Saturday have more or less been snapped up by our friends over at the Facebook group. If we are dead set on getting the best seats in the house (I am), then Sunday would be a much safer bet.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Nope, there's no meeting next week, officially at least.

Some of our ex-VAS seniors are interested in joining in if it's on Sunday. Let's try to confirm the timing and I'll try to confirm the number of people interested on this end
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 pm

yup, i have eva 1.11... but i dont think the TR projectors can do HD, so BD or not, no diff...

i'm cool with unofficial meet-ups too, except that i dont have wednesday classes anymore. so if anyone is on, i'm quite on...
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 pm

If by unofficial meet up you meant sit quietly together and mug I'm all for that.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Okay, so I take it that most people would rather watch on Sunday?

Kage, you want to watch on Sat? Cuz I'm going on Sat. I can also join the Sunday one too.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 am

ah...wait wait...so really nearly everyone is going to go on sunday to watch is it? if its not too late to change my tic, i'll go on sun as well then.

was also planning to go print an EVA shirt "for the event" lol...anyone else going to wear eva related stuff? (like the seele shirt i thnk some ppl have)
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Well, the timings aren't out in Cathay's site yet, but perhaps can we confirm a rough timing and who's going. I for one would like to go, as would two to three other seniors.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Okay. When the timing is out, i'll buy them. FOr now, I will need the names of everyone who's going. Please post here.

For now, here are the people who i know are going:

Gestaltgeek + 3 seniors
    Kamikazer
    Kageshiro (should be going on Sat)
    mazatsushi (Maybe)
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Best seats in the house for this Sunday. Blame the Facebook group for taking those seats away, and I'm also curious to find out what kind of colourful people our ex-senior members were Laughing
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 pm

ok i'm still having problems understanding my current situation...am i down for sat already as in...is it possible to change to sun to join the rest of u all?

was just thinking if anyone wants to re-watch the eps that the movie is loosely based on...to see the comparision and changes made...

the first movie ended somewhere ard ep 6

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* depending on how u look at it...i only explained briefly what the original episode was abt, not what was referenced...

O for some reference, X for not really

O ep 7 is the prototype radio controlled alternative to evangelion
    O ep 8 is the arrival of asuka
    O ep 9 is the twin angels
    O ep 10 is the lava and new plugsuit
    X ep 11 is the spider/poison angel
    O ep 12 is the angel that drops it self from the sky
    X ep 13 is com virus type angel
    X ep 14 is pilot switching ep
    O ep 15 is some random stuff as well as visiting mother's grave and some interaction with asuka
    O ep 16 is the spherical dimensional angel
    O ep 17 is the selection of the fourth child
    O ep 18 is the angel took over the eva
    O ep 19 is the point where Unit-01 is able to start up on its own and eats the S2 engine out from the other angel

one of the aims of the movie is to diverge from the original story line, possibly another alternate universe (like in ep 25/26) so even if i mention these episodes...its only so that you can watch the movie more meaningfully and see what they have kept and what they have changed or modified

the next movie will probably have only very few references from ep 20-24, ep 25-26 was one version of the ending. It might have a bit of references from the death n rebirth eva movies, while i feel the fourth movie will be a retelling of end of evangelion and possibly an epilogue
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:39 am

Stop bloody putting spoilers, you bugger. XD
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 am

kk...and btw..ok this was also in the first movie (so its NOT a spoiler)...but i only noticed it in the second one...they actually made a new logo for NERV. Whether it is better or worse has kinda mixed feelings

Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Newnervlogobyegidiogaud
    Eva 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Discussion *spoilers ahoy!* Newevangelionlogo

now it really looks like some company...there are other logo changes but i'll just put this one. Was thinking of printing shirts with this logo on the front and back for fun. Anyone interested? The rectangular one for the back(top) and the squarish one for the front over the left chest.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Sunday's Timings are out! As follows:

15 Nov 2009, Sun 13:15 15:25 17:35 19:45 21:55

Personally I'd like an afternoon timing, 13:15 or 15:25 therabouts, 17:35 still fine

EDIT Wait those are timings for AMK hub only, other cathay cinema's timings don't seem to be out yet.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Cineleisure has updated as well:

15 Nov 2009, Sun
    01:50 04:00 10:40 12:50 15:00 17:10 19:20 21:30 23:40

Also the seniors can only make it only if it's an evening showing like after 6pm. I don't mind an evening timing but depends on you guys. If you guys like an earlier timing, they don't mind watching on their own.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Currently, there are no seats taken, so we can have the best seats. I'm going to buy tomorrow, so please confirm attendance by tonight.

Decide on the time guys. We can take the 19:20 one...and have dinner before that.

How many of you would rather take the 4.00 pm one? Then we can have dinner after that, and do stuff. XD

Also, I can pay for you all first, but if I pay and you don't turn up, I'll hunt you down and kill you. And then take the money from your rapidly cooling corpse. XD Nice Boat.
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:31 pm

The timing is secondary, but the seat positioning is PRIMARY.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Seats are open. I would take the 4.00 pm one. Mainly because some of my friends want to watch it too, and I don't have the money to watch it 3 times. lol
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 am

Okay, so I will be buying the 4.00 pm tickets. 5:10 pm. No objections?

So I will be getting tickets for
    1) mazatsushi
    2) Gestaltgeek
    3) Myself
    4) No one else?

Last edited by Stifler on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:59 am

uh wait....am i down for sunday or sat now? if still possible to change then sunday 4pm for me?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am