NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+4
chibichan
Stifler
mazatsushi
Gestaltgeek
8 posters

AniW Hangout at Amos's House

mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

AniW Hangout at Amos's House - Page 4 Empty Re: AniW Hangout at Amos's House

Post by mazatsushi Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Stifler wrote:You can 3 time real girls...As long as you don't get caught. Then you're dead.
    The man speaks a universally fundamental truth.

Someday, someone somewhere will invent a device that allows us to save the state of the world during flagged events. If you screw up the choice of answers, just reload and try another option Laughing
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Invent that, my friend, and you will be rich beyond anything you've ever dreamed. And millions of people everywhere will get their Happy Ends.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 pm

this will be the beginning of the matrix u know...in order for everyone to be able to achieve their ideals, and yet maintain balance of the world, you'd need to upload everyone's mind into some database/server and allow everyone to exist within the realms and limits of a virtual world...

so until then...maybe we can hope for cybernetic counterpart(s) with downloadable personalities that can be customised or something...

or we can just be content with 2D > 3D...
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Or you have your "Girl who leapt through time" conundrum, one man's happiness at the cost of another's.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:56 pm

yea, but a virtual world would be able to have the world exist in multiple servers so there can be more than one conflicting event happening at the same time since they are in different "planes"

btw...tempted to go watch macross movie...but the reviews dun seem that gd...and ticket prices here are expensive...
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Kageshiro wrote:this will be the beginning of the matrix u know...in order for everyone to be able to achieve their ideals, and yet maintain balance of the world, you'd need to upload everyone's mind into some database/server and allow everyone to exist within the realms and limits of a virtual world...

so until then...maybe we can hope for cybernetic counterpart(s) with downloadable personalities that can be customised or something...

or we can just be content with 2D > 3D...
    Not if each device has the power to create an alternate universe (branching off the instance before one that someone just screwed up), everytime the world is loaded from a previously saved state.

This will create an infinite number of alternate universes, but since there already are also an infinite number of parallel worlds, what's another infinity, still it's STILL infinity? Twisted Evil
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:55 pm

thats......besides the point.....i was meaning something closer to like....buying a game....and playing it.....in such a way that it does not affect others(e.g. sims...) also, the number is not possible to reach infinity but only as many as those who participate.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:01 am

But then, unlike the matrix, that would mean that all the people that the person interacts within his virtual world, has to be simulated AI, and each person's perceived reality is separate. To use the game analogy, he's going single player and not MMO. That's nothing more than a glorified game.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

well its hard to go both ways, one way would be to go fully MMO...but if u want to talk abt save points...then it has to be single player to some extent as well as have an online feature...think of playing games like monster hunter online with auto save disabled, if u mess up too much, u can just turn ur psp off and on, its still semi-mmo yet with the ability to save and continue..
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:17 am

I think the more pertinent question here is what good is it for a man to have everything, if his world is nothing but a fabrication.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:24 am

cuz...thats what dreams are made off~~~<3 lolol sry if it seems really out of point there but its probably the best statement i can find that fits an answer to the question that i think mankind and otakus have asked time and again~

*notice otakus are not categorised as part of mankind, but are a species on their own~~
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:17 pm

Gestaltgeek wrote:I think the more pertinent question here is what good is it for a man to have everything, if his world is nothing but a fabrication.
    A fabricated reality, or derivative reality, is in fact close to impossible to differentiate from the 'faulty' original. Especially so if the only difference is merely a different decision made at the point of intersection between the two, with respect to the individual who chose the path that led to that derivative.

Man has had always been choosing to try and achieve/attain everything mortally possible through their choices. Each choice, and similarly each choice not undertaken, lead to different outcomes from the source. The reality that we exist can be thought of as one that resulted from a specific permutation of choices made not only by ourselves, but also of other sentient beings. And it itself is still branching away indefinitely from the root source upon which all other possible realities are based.

Now, would you like to take the Blue Pill, or the Red Pill?
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:41 pm

then is there the option of taking both? or neither at all? and maybe a yellow, green, white or black pill instead?
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:45 am

And there we have it! The first "legalized" marriage between 2D and 3D, and by a comrade over in Japan at that.

Video Link
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 am

I won't call him a "comrade". X_X
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm

btw...what t2 artbook were u looking for exactly...i've seen so many ard here...only the latest from c77 is it?

haha made my pilgrimage to the lucky star shrine, but i didn't make an ema for it...maybe next time then...but it was certainly an experience...they have guides on getting to the shrine...and even a welcome note for lucky star pilgrims O_O and flags to lead u all the way to the shrine...its an extremely sleepy town though but i did manage to see a lucky star and another miku ita-sha, drive in just as i was leaving...so got my pics of other lucky star pilgrims. think the most bz time is during new year's day...

oh yea...and the macross movie is just like the reviews say it is...something like a big music vid...more on the moe than the battles but it seems gd enough to me, maybe my standard is not high enough but it was certainly enjoyable enough. but leaves one to wonder how the next movie will be like...they kinda squeezed the whole season into the movie and one of the more interesting points of topic in the trailer for the next movie (macross f: sayonara no tsubasa) has both ranka and sheryl in wedding dresses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm