NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+10
hitsugaya_vk
Stifler
kamikazer
Kageshiro
Acc1
Weiliang
draxander
wwy
Gestaltgeek
chibichan
14 posters

Who's up for Regular meetings?!

chibichan
    chibichan

Who's up for Regular meetings?! Empty Who's up for Regular meetings?!

Post by chibichan Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Heys all! Denise here! Sooo since comics ensemble have started having cool names like CoEn and regular comic drawing meetings, I thought we should do the same (aka not lose to them XD)!

Hence I would like to see the response should we hold regular meetings and also what we should do @ meetings. These are some ideas I have came up with:

1. Screen anime
    2. Prepare for cosplay events
    3. Occasionally join comics in their weekly drawing sessions
    4. Prepare our item for publication

yeaaa so basically those are some that I've thought of. Of course, each week there will be an update about what we have been doing and planning if applicable.

Through these, we hope to be able to really let everyone know everyone (or at least those who are attend the meeting).

Weekly dates we are thinking of is alternating wednesdays and fridays (which mean wed one week then fri the next week) or something like that. These are all still tentative ideas so please comment!

oh yes, and thanks to gaius for the initiation of this idea! Smile

Last edited by chibichan on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chibichan
    chibichan

Who's up for Regular meetings?! Empty Re: Who's up for Regular meetings?!

Post by chibichan Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:36 pm

3RD REGULAR MEETING
    DATE: 23rd Oct 2009 Friday
    TIME: 430pm ~ 800pm
    VENUE: TR 1 ~ 13 [Look out for the animeworks sign on the door]

Last edited by chibichan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 am; edited 5 times in total
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:33 am

I'm all for weekly meetings! Though as I said in the Karaoke thread, we'd get a faster response through e-mail. The forum is good for generating ideas though.

Wednesdays and Fridays are fine with me, though for some Fridays may be a concern since they might want to go home.

As for activities, outside of screenings, we can have discussions, trivia quizes, I guess more or less anything goes, it's just a good opportunity for our subclub to interact.
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 am

Ahahhaa of course i agree with the email part. Just that I'm still typing it XD. oops. It'll be sent soon after i resolved some issues o.o
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:42 am

chibichan wrote:

Why not just group everyone together? You can do your thing and we can do our thing. Besides I think we'll need to get together sometime soon anyway if people from anime are going to do script writing for doujins... I'm sort of thinking about booking two tutorial rooms next to each other though, if interference is a concern.
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:47 am

wwy wrote:
    chibichan wrote:

Why not just group everyone together? You can do your thing and we can do our thing. Besides I think we'll need to get together sometime soon anyway if people from anime are going to do script writing for doujins... I'm sort of thinking about booking two tutorial rooms next to each other though, if interference is a concern.

I thinking two tutorial rooms might be best, considering our membership size and possibly that screenings might be on the noisy side.

Of course we are not going to book the tutorial rooms since it costs money, merely co-opt them.
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 am

"co-opt"... uhh i take it that means we can just walk in and use them? haha

Edit:
    vvv(maybe we could do a wednesday/friday take for comics too?)vvvvv

Last edited by wwy on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 am

I totally second the alternate days idea. (For people like me who can never make it on wednesdays, we can still go on fridays and etc.) Haha although I must say I seem to check this place as often as I check email. And I seem to reply here more often too. Heh. And the Comics Ensemble draw doujin?? o.O That's cool. Pardon the freshie here who is still new to everything...
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:04 am

hahahs good good. who\'s draxander btw? hahas, we really need an intro thread sia. or at least a thread with all the members and their username XD yay found the intro thread o.o hee

Last edited by chibichan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Weiliang
    Weiliang

Post by Weiliang Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 am

hey, you peeps are really welcome to join us.
    thats the point of having joint projects, really, so you doods can join in on any event planned by any 3 sub clubs.

Just that the CoEn may move to room, so if you all can't find us, just drop me or Jeanny a msg.
    Acc1

Post by Acc1 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:19 am

Venue: Agree to tutorial rooms. Open-air venues are bad for projecting voices.
    Days: Support alternate day week.
    Strongly recommend that the timing for both meetings be changed to afternoon instead of night because it is dangerous and fatigue-inducing for those who do not stay in the halls to have to travel home so late at night. Night meetings though able to amass many members, fail to capture maximum member involvement due to members' fatigue -> quality sacrificed for quantity. Conscientious members will also worry about chiong-ing graded schoolwork.
    If alternate day weeks are implemented, afternoon timings will be feasible since those who can't make it for one day's afternoon meeting will be able to attend the next day's meeting.

Activities:
    Object to anime screenings. Rational: The purpose of animeworks should be to promote animation to those who have not realised its value, not to satisfy members' desire to watch anime. Relaxation activities should be carried out in personal quarters or outside formal meeting times eg. animeworks outings.

@Kageshiro- anime screenings can be scheduled after official meeting dismissal times so that only those who are interested/do not know about the latest anime will stay back to watch those. I think it is important to shorten meeting durations and make it possible for all members to participate in discussions first (since some might have to leave earlier for other commitments).

Strongly support more discussions about implementing improved/new activities which will raise awareness about the value of anime in society.

Last edited by Acc1 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:24 am

i'm up for it~ drawings and screening. same for not being to make it on wednesdays...>_<;; if they meet at 6...i have to leave by like 6.15 in order to make it for tutorial class by 6.30...oh yea and interesting choice of name... CoEn
    Pronounced the same way, kouen or こうえん(公園) would mean a park.

lolz at what choices anime works might have.... Somehow AniWo or AniWa or AniWorks...doesn't quite looks right.... Unlimited Anime Works! is a bit too much of a rip off ne~

AniW (pronounced as a-new)? or some variations of the typing...anyone support this naming? hahaha.....

Uh adding on....i did do the suggestion for screening private animes for members. Reason being, to share animes with the members. not every member is all up to date with the latest animes and all and i thought it would be a good way to share the animes worth watching with the other members. While we are already organising animes to screen to others to promote anime. we are lmited to only screening those that are "official" but frequently out of date. E.g. the current season or last season's animes....watching anime together in a group is always more fun as u can see/hear the reactions ^^ ne~
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:54 am

hahahs. yay naming suggestions!~ aniw. how bout anwo...noo... anko! XD lol, jkjk. ermm.... my working title was a.works but it sounds like AWOL so erm. hahas. i guess that one's out. hmmm how bout aniv (ani-v) which incorporates the vas name lol. or meworks! (meme the me) lol. XD

and yeah. though it's good and all that we should conduct important matters such as discussions for new/improved activities, i believe there are times were the members should also just come together and just take time of the hectic and heartless barrage of projects, quizzes, tests and homework to enjoy school life. Smile I did not intend it to be official animeworks meetings per say as they will not be compulsory meetings unlike official subcomm meetings like the one that just passed but it's more of an avenue to let animeworks subcommers know each other better. Smile
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 am

Aniw...i just realised if i moved the W to the front.....Wani....oh noes...now its jap for alligator/crocodile D=
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:47 pm

i'm up for regular meetings... and unofficial private screening for members... personally, i dont really prefer wednesday nights since i have classes everyday at 8.30am and i stay in AMK... then again every alternate friday nights, there is another club i like to commit myself to...

but... with regards to copyrights/IP issues, i'm not familiar with the rules the club has to adhere to...

while it will be easy for the subcommers to get together private to watch anime together since we have each others' contacts, most of what we are watching or have watched are probably not from official sources...

but our target audience are the members but since they are not that well connected to the comm (it seems that way to me), how can we unofficially invite them to the private screenings? since i dont think we are allowed to officially screen non-original content, are we?

i'm new here... so i could be mistaken here and there... do correct me...
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:17 pm

From the above posts I gather that everyone here are (at least) subcommers? o.O Haha. I'm only a member. Well the forum seems pretty accessible to me, but I guess it's not so for most members. Usually email notifications work better I believe.
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:36 pm

hmmm... when i say members, it usually refer to subcomm members not vas members. so the purpose of this is more of to bond the subcomm members and not the general vas members Smile

fridays i have cell too so it's like me and siyu are free on wed and fri respectively. that's why we were thinking of alternating days. Plus i live in tampines so tell me bout travelling home freaking late at night XD. We'll try to work sth out hopefully. Smile
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Actually, I think it's pretty cool. We are here together as a club, not just as a bunch of subcommers. It'd be great if more members like Draxander could join the forums and talked. Adds life into things, don't you think?
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Haha I see I see. (Means that I should have joined the subcomm, dang!) Because you guys seem to be a fun bunch of people, planning so many activities already, and I can't help but feel like pitching in in some topics sometimes. xD
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:22 pm

no no no! You're definitely welcomed to join in our activities Smile or do you wish to join our subcomm? XD but i'm just saying that i didn't intend to specially email the ordinary members to join in our activities XD. If they somehow come across it in the forums, by all means Smile since Siyu and I are only 2 persons, I think we would rather just going focus on bonding our subcommers rather than all the vas members in general. well that was what i was thinking anyway ._.

but if you're talkin bout' members joining the forum, definitely welcomed Very Happy
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 pm

haha I only joined one subcomm (i.e. Design) because I was afraid I cannot keep up with the workload. So far sem 1 has been hectic. Sigh. -_- But being able to participate in the forum has been a great plus point! Smile Haha are there many subcomm-ers in AnimeWorks? And who, amongst those who are here? I think there should be either a contact list or a thread with everybody's (esp seniors & important people) intros... xD
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Well that's why we have the intro thread in General Discussion.

Now that we've established that quite alot of us want extra get-together the meetings, when can we start? Some time this week to try it out and also perhaps plan for recess week?
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm

actually i was wondering if we're also up for some casual (non club-related) activities like lunch and dinner (or somewhere in between). I mean lets say the club is meeting on wednesday evening and you end in the afternoon. it would be nice to have people to hang out with until then, right?
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:39 pm

yeah, i was considering that as well - dinner stuff, study grps...

for the meeting, how about for this coming week, maybe we hold it on wednesday. have a short meeting to discuss about recess week and about the animation revelation & recess week? and maybe join comics with their discussion? just for this week?
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 pm

anime discussions? o_o... review anime episodes~~ art style/impact/moe elements introduced/fan service/ storyline development/etc...XD to get ppl to watch anime not just blindly but to notice the subtle touches made. what makes some anime successful while other animes not as successful.

would study groups even work in this kind of place...nearly everyone is in a different faculty...can we have more plans for what we can do on friday? since some of us aren't totally free for all activities on wed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 am