NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+5
Kayle
chibichan
Stifler
Gin
Kageshiro
9 posters

Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations

Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations Empty Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations

Post by Kageshiro Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Decided to Post the fall 2009 anime list and a brief sorting, i probably made some error here and there cuz i didn't watch some of those that have a 2nd season.

Feel free to add a * next to or list those animes that u feel are worth looking out for, i feel that a lot of this season's animes look entertaining at the very least

Recommended General Anime:
    Armed Librarians (looks interesting to me but i think there is fanservice in it)
    Darker Than Black-Comet of Gemini (i don't follow this series but the original was suppose to be good)
    Letter Bee
    11 Eyes
    Inuyasha Final Act
    Asura Cryin' 2
    Fairy Tail
    The Sacred Blacksmith
    Trapeze (one of those artistic ones i think, though the style might not be generally appealing)

Fan service/Moe animes:
    A Certain Scientific Railgun (to aru kagaku no choudenjibou)
    Queen's Blade : Heir to the Throne
    Nyan Koi
    Kampfer
    Heaven's Lost Property
    Seitokai no Ichizon
    Shin Koihime Musou
    Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu : Purezza
    Kobato
    Yumeiro Patissierre (not sure abt this one...with a "spirit of sweet" it sounds like one of those pseudo-prodigy type animes then living up to her reputation)

Romance:
    Winter Sonata
    White ALbum 2(ok this one i'm not to sure where to put it)
    Natsu no Arashi 2 (this one also...maybe under comedy too? i didn't follow so i'm not sure)
    Kimi no Todoke
    Sasameki Koto

Others:
    Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (Chinese/Japanese joint production...i guess they had enough of ikkitousen and koihime musou ecchi-fying the story)
    Stitch 2 (omg yes they did make a disney concept into an anime format... somehow they do have a thing for stitch in japan)
    Battle Spirits :Shounen Gekiha Dan
    Jungle Emporer Leo
    Tamagotchi (oh its being made into a full anime now?)

Last edited by Kageshiro on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gin
    Gin

Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations Empty Re: Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations

Post by Gin Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 am

Agreeing on Armed Librarians, FairyTail, 11eyes and Letter Bee for sure. About the rest, when time allows? =)
    Stifler
    Stifler

Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations Empty Re: Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations

Post by Stifler Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 pm

I'll only be catching Fairy Tail and White Album 2. Because Nana Mizuki is in White Album. Nana-chan is awesome.
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm

ZOMMMGGGG~ Fairy Tail YEAAAAAA! and letter bee looks nice~

oooh and there's a darker than black sequel... ooooh coool~

This img here shows a sypnosis of most of them: [ Follow the linky~ ]

and zomg winter sonata *dies* hahahahas.
    Kayle

Fall 2009 Anime List/Type and Recommendations Empty o_o

Post by Kayle Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi guys, Kai here.

Yeah i'd be going for Fairy Tail too... Anyone gonna catch Biri-biri-chan (To Aru Majutsu no index) in her own series, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun this fall?
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Kayle wrote:Hi guys, Kai here.

Yeah i'd be going for Fairy Tail too... Anyone gonna catch Biri-biri-chan (To Aru Majutsu no index) in her own series, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun this fall?
    I hope to see a signboard saying びり-びり-ちゃん, 一回百円.

That would be so moe along the scales set by Zange.

Also hope that Inuyasha Final Act would finally end the story already. The original series dragged on, and on, and on, and on....... >.<'
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:01 am

I thought Inuyasha Final Act focuses on the later part of the story where the gang kick Naraku's ass and ends it one and for all? Something like the manga.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:44 am

Yeah. They are just going to follow the manga and animate the last of the stupid story. Bah.
    JoanHong
    JoanHong

Post by JoanHong Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm

I'll be watching Fairy Tail, Inuyasha and Kimi ni Todoke.

Finally, there are decent anime to watch this season. So glad.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:22 am

Ah and the fall season animes have started!!

Kampfer just came out, its another gender bender anime. Not trap exactly, but is another guy-got-turned-into-a-girl type anime.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh Kampfer's seiyuu list is interesting to note...

Mizuki Nana (stifler should take note)
    Tamura Yukari (my gosh...now she's been reduced to a foul mouth talking soft toy rabbit)
    Inoue Marina (oh she does the voice of the boy/girl main chara)
    Horie Yui (u get to hear her talking somewhat tsundere-ish...her chara has a dual personality)
    Nakajima Megumi (u actually get to hear her as a girl next door chara...ineresting to note her as a rising star...after Ranka Lee and a small part as Citron in Basquash)
    Noto Mamiko (also another famous name, have yet to seen her although she has taken the form of another soft toy)
    Nomura Michiko (hmmm not a name i recognise on sight but, apparently she should be quite famous, having done the voice of a certain character in Doraemon...she's got over 40 doraemon references to her name =_=;; but practically nothing else...)
    Gotou Yuko (another famous name to take note of, but i think she plays a minor role in this series, have yet to seen her)

Ah an interesting thing to note is that they actually reference themselves a lot in name. E.g. "You're a foul mouthed talking rabbit toy that has the same voice as Tamura Yukari!" or something like that. Yea, u also get to hear some of them talking in more rough voices that they are usually not type casted for.

*btw...biri-biri, To Aru No Kagaku Choudenjibou (Scientific Railgun) also just came out for those of you who intend to follow~ not bad i would say for a 1st ep, but maybe not quite as epic...its a yuri fan service anime after all. There happens to be a shana and supposedly toradora cameo ard the crepe scene.

**i feel like i should post this or similar stuff to it as episode/series review or some sort on the club blog or something...anyone else want to work on series reviews?

***whats with mizuki nana this season...she's in Kampfer...White Album 2...AND 'Letter Bee' AS WEL?L (as Silvette)...Stifler really should be pleased...not to mention her being the Win7 mascot as well as voicing as Fate in the nanoha movie and game coming out in jan (soon after this season's anime has ended)
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Yup, I am. Nana-chan is love. <3 I'd watch anything just for her.
    kamikazer
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:22 am

Kageshiro wrote:Oh Kampfer's seiyuu list is interesting to note...

Mizuki Nana (stifler should take note)
    Tamura Yukari (my gosh...now she's been reduced to a foul mouth talking soft toy rabbit)
    Inoue Marina (oh she does the voice of the boy/girl main chara)
    Horie Yui (u get to hear her talking somewhat tsundere-ish...her chara has a dual personality)
    Nakajima Megumi (u actually get to hear her as a girl next door chara...ineresting to note her as a rising star...after Ranka Lee and a small part as Citron in Basquash)
    Noto Mamiko (also another famous name, have yet to seen her although she has taken the form of another soft toy)
    Nomura Michiko (hmmm not a name i recognise on sight but, apparently she should be quite famous, having done the voice of a certain character in Doraemon...she's got over 40 doraemon references to her name =_=;; but practically nothing else...)
    Gotou Yuko (another famous name to take note of, but i think she plays a minor role in this series, have yet to seen her)

Ah an interesting thing to note is that they actually reference themselves a lot in name. E.g. "You're a foul mouthed talking rabbit toy that has the same voice as Tamura Yukari!" or something like that. Yea, u also get to hear some of them talking in more rough voices that they are usually not type casted for.

ok... this in interesting... i may watch it just for the voice acting... u tracking this series? let us know how it turns out...
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:07 am

hmmm i guess i might follow it...but its another fan-service type anime after all, so not sure how it will appeal to you all...not really a deep storyline in any case...

basic story line:
    Certain ppl have been selected to become "Kampfers"
    Kampfers is basically a powered up henshin mahou shoujo like tranformation
    As stated, it is mahou shou'JO', so the main character who is a guy, gets turned into a girl when he transforms
    Kampfers get this "contract bracelet" that glows just b4 they transform
    triggers for tranforming at first are coming in to close range to other kampfers, but are later able to control it at will
    personality might change after tranforming
    there are two sides, blue and red
    same colour bracelet means on the same side
    no real setting for battles yet
    they fight just becuz they are kampfers (=_=);; <-this sounds so sketchy
    3 weapon types, Gun/Schwert(Sword)/Zauber(mahou)

btw, mizuki nana is the black haired seitokai (student council president)

judging from the first episode...it doesn't seem like it will be an epic series, just another school battle type series that focuses more on fan-service, atks don't include flight or physical transformations so the battle scenes are more ground based atks, 4/5 of the main characters are kampfers, there is a bit of the yuri-ish unrequited/yet requited love thing going on...e.g. the main character the guy, likes the non kampfer girl...but she likes his female-kampfer form...but doesn't know that they are the same person...the typical this girl saved me and omg she is so cool kind of yuri-ish love... (=_=);;

I would say the main reasons for watching the series are...fan-service and the seiyuus...and for now the self referencing is entertaining to watch...oh the double meaning word play is also something i enjoy (decent and...not so decent alternative meaning)

still trying to find an appropriate series to compare it to...not quite ikkitousen nor busourenkin nor some others...but is generally just a sch-based-battle-type series
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Here I go recommending another one that may fly under most people's radar. Tentai Senshi Sunred Season 2

Short 10 minutes per episode comedy series that is based on a gag manga. Basically for the most part, it's a parody of the sentai/power rangers genre. Its main schtick that the titular character Sunred, is your red ranger hero character, but lives life as a slacker gangster wannabe NEET who lives off his girlfriend, while the "evil" organisation he's up against, outside of the fact that their main goal is to kill him for the sake of world domination, are upstanding members of the community.

There's actually very little action, most of it can only be found in the opening title. It's actually more slice of life, well slice of life of monsters who despite appearances, live rather normal and mundane lives.

While because of its gag nature, it's very easy to hop onto the second season, I recommend checking out the first season first, which aired only last year, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 pm