NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

5 posters

Evangelion group

Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Evangelion group Empty Evangelion group

Post by Kageshiro Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Just wondering if i should start a thread proper for the eva group or for anyone who can donate Evangelion artworks...was just sketching this today for fun.
    Yuki and Rei <3
    Evangelion group Yuki_r13

Last edited by Kageshiro on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Weiliang
    Weiliang

Evangelion group Empty Re: Evangelion group

Post by Weiliang Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:57 am

is that her younger self ?
    it reminds me of Yuki Nagato

i think a crossover between the two will be quite interesting.

one of the ways crossovers are done is by grouping characters of the same archetype.

the silent, reserved archetype is popularized by rei (as well as the bandage moe, lol not sure if its still in trend. the latest character i've seen in that archetype is Abiru Kobushi from Zetsubou Sensei)

it later evolved into the megane bookish archetype yuki nagato. u'll also see a striking resemblance between her and Tabitha of Zero no Tsukaima as well lol
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 am

ah yes tabitha, and yes that was nagato. Hmm abiru isn't quite silent moe as yuki or rei or tabitha, she's more of the dojiko type. Somehow pulling animal tails and not knowing her limits while taking care of animals is what gets her injured. But i suppose the bandaged "sickly" looks is there. oh one other reason for this is someone drew a haruhi x evangelion cross over b4. you might have seen it ard

here

Was drawing my pic with this pic in mind, hoping to do something like this.

Last edited by Kageshiro on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Thai

Post by Thai Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:15 am

I'm in the Evangelion group also. I was thinking about a big painting, but don't have time so I can only settle with simple one.

Here is the first, I'll draw more when I have spare time.

Evangelion group Rei1-1

I can't bring my style to match the anime style though, maybe have to add her name on it so people won't confuse Very Happy

Edit: change the color

Last edited by Thai on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 am

:\ the hair should be lighter blue i guess? like those really flashy neon blue.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 pm

and the eyes need to be red~~

i'll repost my other one from the other page here for neatness, even though its incomplete
    Evangelion group Reisittingcolour3

think i need to go start figuring out how to draw asuka and was trying to draw eva-01 earlier...but not used to drawing it/mecha...
    Thai

Post by Thai Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Another one, change style a bit. The inspiration comes from her red eyes, so thank Kageshiro for pointing that out.

Evangelion group Rei2

Last edited by Thai on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Redraw the hand)
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:38 pm

oh!!!! this one is really nice. simple but nice effects.

i'm not sure if its me or do her hands look too.. small?
    Thai

Post by Thai Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Glad you like it. So I'll stick to the simple line art then. Her hand should be enlarged by about 2%, I think. I'll change it tonight.
    Thai

Post by Thai Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Here comes Asuka Very Happy

Evangelion group Asuka1

She doesn't look like 14 at all. Whatever, I don't want to draw a 14 years old kid in that pose Rolling Eyes
    Thai

Post by Thai Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:44 am

Another one for Asuka, I tried watercolor for the "dreamy" effect, but not so sure about the result. Anyone think it over-saturated?

Evangelion group Asuka2
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm

great work ^^ i'm not good with paints and water colours >_<;; am only just experimenting with digital and with colour so i haven't really got around to doing shading yet. I think her hair should be a bit more or the browner side. But its gd as it is. Her hair colour actually changes in many pics, ranging from dark brown to bright orange, depending on the desired effect. As her eva/plug suit colour scheme is red/orange, i suppose the lvl of colour is just right.

Managed to get an asuka pic done as well, i try to get the drawing style as close as i can to the original but i think i'm still quite off. Decided to do something more recent, namely the..."TEST PLUG SUIT" aka the semi-transparent ones...sry that i dun have any qualms abt drawing 14 year olds in "that" kind of pose even though this one isn't that far, also tossed in that signature can of coffee that u might have sometimes seen them posing with. (UCC brand)

Evangelion group Asukatestplug

>_<;; i know there are some issues with the arms >_<;; proportion and position is slightly off but can't seem to be able to correct it...didn't add in some of the smaller details too T_T...I just realised i made her hair too long... O_O;;

*edit* ahhhhh i have to lower the bangs abit...will repost a slightly more correct version in a while...

*edit 2*
    here
    Evangelion group Asukatestplug2
    tried to fix some of the errors(lower the bangs/redrew the legs) and some shading...
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Seeing the recent EVA movie has given me some inspiration for EVA merchandise ideas, or at least some amusing picture subjects.

It's spoilerific so for those who might want to watch the EVA movie unspoiled might want to avoid reading. Otherwise highlight the below hidden text to read:

Highlight here to read >>> We can do a double-sided art print featuring Asuka. One side has a normal picture of her smiling in black and white framed with a black border with two strands of cloth draped over like Japanese funeral portraits. The other side has her in full colour with eyepatch in full kickass pirate glory (Maybe borrowing some visual cues from Space Pirate Captain Harlock) << End here

With the new movie, I guarentee EVA fever will be in full swing, might as well make use of this opportunity to churn out some EVa stuff. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to share.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Since this time we see rei with a knife...i was thinking of drawing a yande-rei....muahahahaha......
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:10 am

lemme post a test first...i srsly need to find some way to improve my line quality =_=;;

haven't put the plasters on their hands...i'll attempt to get to it later tonight or tmr after my last exam...since i'm finally free~

Evangelion group Yanderei
    "Shikinami-san~ , ningyo jya nai yo~~<3"

think i've been reading too much of mirai nikki =_=;; but was surprised to find that stifler helped out in some of the proof reading and translations for some of the chapters...(a year ago?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 pm