NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

Melty Blood & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in NTU

Stifler
    Stifler

Melty Blood & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in NTU Empty Melty Blood & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in NTU

Post by Stifler Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 am

I was bored in hall. So I figured, someone here must have these games, and since NTU's intranet speed is pretty good, we could play it over the network. Heck, we could play it over the internet even. But i'm getting ahead of myself...*ahem*

Melty Blood is a popular 2D fighting game originally created by the doujin circle French-Bread and based on Typemoon's best selling work Tsukihime. It has since been published commercially by the company Ecole Software first as an arcade game, but has seen many titles coming out for various systems, such as Melty Blood: Act Cadenza for the PC and the PS2, and more recently Melty Blood: Actress Again for the PS2. For more infomation, do check out what Wiki has to say about it here

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, on the other hand, is a fighting game featuring Touhou characters and created by Team Shanghai Alice, which is a very nice way of putting it, since the entire game is created by just ONE guy, known to his fans as ZUN. As you probably know, the Touhou series features nothing but cute, loli girls flying around and beating the crap out of each other, and this is no different. Only instead of dodging bullet hell, you get to physically bash them up. Spell cards and insane attacks are common. It's great fun! Again, this site might be of interest to you: [url=here]http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Weather_Rhapsody[/url]

Now, netplay functions are available for both these games. SWR's netplay is built right into the game, so there's no need to install or change anything. For Melty Blood, however, only the PC version of Act Cadenza is out now. So you would be looking at Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B. Unfortunately, it does not have a built in netplay option. However, there exists a patch that allows you to play it online. Called MBCaster, it can be found at the following site: [url=here]http://mauve.sandwich.net/MBCaster.html[/url]

Anyway, i've set up a Hamachi network for anyone who would like to play these two games. Feel free to log in and see if anyone's online. If you see me online, then it means that I'm probably free to play a game or two.

Hamachi network name: NTUVAS
    Password : NTUVAS
    Simple is best.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Melty Blood & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in NTU Empty Re: Melty Blood & Scarlet Weather Rhapsody in NTU

Post by Stifler Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:29 am

Can a mod move this topic over to the Gaming Discussion?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 pm