NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

5 posters

Tweaking the Forums

Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Tweaking the Forums Empty Tweaking the Forums

Post by Gestaltgeek Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 am

After many months of neglect, it's time to bring back some life to the forum.

First of all, I'm trying to make some cosmetic changes to the forum, so expect the appearance of the forum to be somewhat transient for a while. Any feedback would be greatly appeciated.
    shuupi
    shuupi

Tweaking the Forums Empty Re: Tweaking the Forums

Post by shuupi Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm

hey, the new forum layout is great! Very Happy
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:51 am

I like the forum layout and overall design too. Just one thing... is the time zone off? The timings don't seem very right to me...

Or is it that I'm supposed to change it under some settings..??
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 am

ahhh i was wondering if we can add a quick reply function like those we see on sgcafe. makes it easier to reply XD. but of course, that'll depend on the forum functions Sad
    [can't seem to find the admin controls yet...]

and yeaps, times can be changed under ur control panel. [U.C.P >> Preference >> scroll to the bottom (timezone)]
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 am

chibichan wrote:ahhh i was wondering if we can add a quick reply function like those we see on sgcafe. makes it easier to reply XD. but of course, that'll depend on the forum functions Sad
    [can't seem to find the admin controls yet...]

and yeaps, times can be changed under ur control panel. [U.C.P >> Preference >> scroll to the bottom (timezone)]

I'm afraid our current forum provider doesn't seem to provide quick reply functionality.

EDIT Wadya know, it actually DOES have a quick reply option. Sorry my bad! Anyway, there it is now!
    overmage
    overmage

Post by overmage Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:34 am

Can 'always attach signatures' for all new accounts be enabled by default? I know there is an option to enable it in the control panel, but in most forums this is enabled by default, so some people may not know they have to do it manually and wonder why their signatures don't appear (but i see your smexy Darkseid anyway :3) Just a suggestion, and thanks!
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 am

overmage wrote:Can 'always attach signatures' for all new accounts be enabled by default? I know there is an option to enable it in the control panel, but in most forums this is enabled by default, so some people may not know they have to do it manually and wonder why their signatures don't appear (but i see your smexy Darkseid anyway :3) Just a suggestion, and thanks!

Perusing the help files, I can't find any solution to rectify this. That just seems to be the default way forumotion coded their forums.

Well, to create and add your signature in the first place, you have to go into your user control panel anyway, so while you're at it, you can go enable your signature at the same time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:59 am