NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+29
shadesofobsidian
chronorec
ConJurer
Riiyu
peggy17688
sakiaishida
JoanHong
Dialkia
Ningx
Oro
yuriko
Gin
overmage
kamikazer
chibichan
Stifler
draxander
shuupi
ZeroG
HaNDy
Dcal
ラビღ
laguna84
cloud0_o
wwy
Hayate
ill-lushtrator
charlieyankee
Gestaltgeek
33 posters

Welcome and Introduction thread

Gin
    Gin

Welcome and Introduction thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by Gin Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 pm

overmage wrote:Shoujo S! Rock chicks in an anime intro! :3

You're right about the chicks, haha. But are you referring to Scandal or Bleach? Cool
    overmage
    overmage

Welcome and Introduction thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by overmage Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 am

Both! :3
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 am

Wah... Flood with replies here... but I think I intro here b4 I continue to read the replies here.

I am Siyu here, vice-chair for AnimeWorks 09/10.
    Course: ENE/ yr 3
    Haha... I have been in VAS for a year liao... only now then came into forum...so I am a senior too bah (I think)...

What to start with...hmmm... I do know a bit of animes and comics here and there (but now, a bit behind... however, I still can catch here and there if some of you fit me in with the story- spoilter lor Laughing ) but DUN ask me to draw... Zero talent there.. haha... What animes I like? Hmmm... those who came for the AGM, I think I got a long list there, which currently I forgot what I put liao... Too bad, Wink I think I a short list somewhere in the discussion under recommended animes.. hehe... Basically, I like all genres (most I think) as long as I find the story plot interesting, got time to watch... but I go for the nicer top 5 in my list, the rest of them, I will be "dlin" and wait till hoildays to watch... haha...

And yoroshiku onegaishimasu! Pleased to "meet" everyone here. Cheers! flower
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Yoroshiku, Siyu-senpai! Smile

Forgot to introduce my course. I'm from CSC yr1, haha. How many engineering people are there?
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm

SilentNahani wrote:How many engineering people are there?

By the look of it, very many. XD
    Oro
    Oro

Welcome and Introduction thread - Page 3 Empty Hi

Post by Oro Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm

Yo,

I am Low Jun Jie from the comic ensemble sub comm. Not very good at drawing but hoping to learn more in the team.

Currently studying EEE/Yr1
    Staying in hall 11/sengkang

Favorite Anime:
    HunterXHunter, Code Geass, FMA, Hikaru no Go
    Favorite Comic:
    One piece

Currently anime music that I listen:
    Fantasy by Nana Katase (Hikaru no Go)
    Shiawase Neiro by Orange Range (Code Geass)

Hope we can have a enjoyable year together
    laguna84
    laguna84

Post by laguna84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Benjamin from comics here.

I was from Civil engineering, but I've graduated last semester. I'm still interested in the group, so I pop by when I have the time after work to catch up with the new and the not so new Smile

I can and like to draw. I guess anyone here who does as well has their lecture notes full of scribbles like I do. I like to watch when people have drawings "under construction".

I like to sing, mainly chinese pop songs.

I like soul eater, eyeshield 21(a boy running like mad with colored smoke can be so entertaining), and the current full metal alchemist series.

'bout all for now
    draxander
    draxander

Post by draxander Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Whoa comics en and animeworks seem to have a lot of active members~~ Makes me feel like joining too. Smile

^ Haha graduated senior, so should be very pro by now. Maybe can learn from you sometime. o.O I wanted to take Civil eng too but in the end decided against it after a long deliberation (no particularly strong reason, I just had to choose something). Found any work yet? Very Happy

^ ^ Hi junjie, fellow freshie. Hope to have an enjoyable year as CCA mates too! Even though we might not see each other very often o-o. I'm not in ComEn but then I still hope to learn something from the pros... xD

Haha replying to welcome thread is addictive. Razz
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:06 am

laguna84 wrote:

I like soul eater, eyeshield 21(a boy running like mad with colored smoke can be so entertaining), and the current full metal alchemist series.

Heck, yes, Eyeshield 21! Freaking hilarious! Hiruma's the best strategist, I daresay! Though Sena reminds of Tsuna from Reborn, haha (or should it be the other way round?)
    yuriko
    yuriko

Post by yuriko Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:25 am

Smile even though I am from ENE, I was previously from CEE (civil and env eng) from Ngee Ann Poly... I still miss my civil (esp I spend 6mths attachment at Shell in civil side,.. hmmm... why? coz ENE got a lot of biology and chem... chem i still got take for Os but I neve touch biology b4, I am practically tried to avoid taking it.... lol.. now in uni, biology comes back... cannot escape..

Eyeshield... heard of the name.. but had yet got a chance to watch it.. I think about 70% to 80% of the animes mentioned, are I haven finished watching or haven started watching... Crying or Very sad

Oh, and our senpai... welcome to "drop by" and chat.. pleased to "meet" you. Surprised yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
    Ningx
    Ningx

Post by Ningx Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:25 am

Yo!

Jerrine here, PSY/2, Animeworks (:
    2nd year in this club! Seems like this year is going to be an eventful one!

Yoroshiku!
    Dialkia
    Dialkia

Post by Dialkia Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 am

Hi there, this is Hai, CSC/3, Animeworks/3 Smile), just reg :">

4679 Smile
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:58 am

yays! Hi Hai! Very Happy
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Hai-senpai! I'm your junior from CSC/1, haha Laughing
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am

Hi Jerrine, Hai, and Junjie welcome! Smile

(even though i met Jun Jie alrdy haha :p)
    JoanHong
    JoanHong

Post by JoanHong Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 am

よ皆さん,
    私はジョエンと申します。
    よろしくお願いします!
    sakiaishida
    sakiaishida

Post by sakiaishida Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 am

..okay. late people are late. *bashes self on wall* yesh, you are looking at the most ultimate procrastinator here.

anyways~~ intro intro~ Well~ my real name is Silk (yups, long story short: Dad = eccentric fashion designer) and my webname is Sakia (so yeah, depending if you know me first online or in RL, you'll most likely use either. which I respond to. XD) Course: NIE-BA (ENGLISH) - yr 1 In AnimeWorks now, planning to try out all three in my long years in Uni.

Likes in general: Anything Japanese really....and I really do mean anything and..almost everything. Anime/manga: Huge supporter of CLAMP but....I read/watch almost anything. (just no time now T^T) Special niche interest: JAPANESE ANIME MUSICALS. <3 XD yesh. I'm weird like that. XD anyone else? XD
    Gin
    Gin

Post by Gin Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Silk! Yay for Prince of Tennis and Tenimyu! ^^
    peggy17688
    peggy17688

Post by peggy17688 Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:51 pm

lol...hi...i'm peggy...i always use this username...so anyone who uses sgcafe should be able to recognize me de...lol...used to be a normal member of VAS in year one...lol...very long never watch anime but i still read a bit of manga...into My Heavenly Hockey Club nowadays...darn funny...

...i'm also a part-time cosplayer...mostly is wear Gothic Lotita and Punk...=D
    Riiyu

Post by Riiyu Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Oh. Didn't know this thread existed till now... Oops.
    =P

Elizabeth ADM/1 in both AniW & CoEn. Yea.

Howdy! =D
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:54 pm

lol Lizzy. Anyway...

Welcome all new freshies! Feel free to introduce yourself here, so we can get to know you a little better.

For myself, I'm Stifler Leonheart, aka Alvin. You can call me Stifler, or Alvin - it doesn't matter. I'll respond to either one of them. lol.

So, who am I? Touhou gamer, Visual Novel player, and a self-professed lolicon, I'm a local Singapore anime blogger with...very few views a day. I mainly enjoy watching slice of life and horror stuff, ever since the horror that is Gundam Seed Destiny put me off mecha.

So yeah, get the ball rolling and tell us more about yourself, guys! XD
    ConJurer
    ConJurer

Post by ConJurer Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Name's Chee See Jay, you can call me CJ (pronounced that way anw).
    Year 1 in ADM.
    I'm a digital artist who mostly does painting.
    Here is the link to my deviantART account >>> http://conjurer-cj.deviantart.com/
    I read a fair amount of manga and watch some anime, not enough to be considered an otaku though.
    Used to cosplay too. D:
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 am

Welcome, CJ! I take it that you play DoTA a lot, judging from the art in your DA account. lol Perhaps you would like to come play with us one day?

Who did you cosplay before, anyway?
    ConJurer
    ConJurer

Post by ConJurer Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 am

DotA... I'm not very good at it, but still manageable. Garena? Cos I have no battlenet account for WCIII.
    As for cosplay, i did only a few during my poly days. The characters were Raito, L and Zero(Code Geass).
    chronorec
    chronorec

Post by chronorec Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm sure those of us who play DotA aren't very good at it either. Haha, I think I haven't played for more than a year, hope we can have a friendly game soon.

Thats nice, does 'used to cosplay' mean you're still interested? Our club is trying to fix up a team for Cosfest

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content