NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+2
mazatsushi
Gestaltgeek
6 posters

Art Fiesta Idea Generation

Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Art Fiesta Idea Generation Empty Art Fiesta Idea Generation

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:55 am

As some of you may know, Art Fiesta is a big VAS bazaar like event usually over the space of three days in the latter half of the second semester that the entire Visual Arts Society participates in. Some of the things we've done during art Fiesta over the years, AnimeWorks and Comics Ensemble side at least, is to help sell Anime Merchandise, put up exhibitions, guess the anime song competitions and others. You can take a look at http://www.phototour.sg/Events/ARTS.html for a little phototour of the event.

It's kinda early but some people may have some good ideas on what to do for the event, and we need to put them down somewhere less we forget, memory is a fickle mistress.

I forgot who came up with this idea, sorry can't remember,, but the idea was to hold a fill in the dialogue competition. Basically we'll provide a comic template, with the art all done, but leave the word balloons blank and let attendees fill in the balloons. Others will vote which they like the most. that's the basoc ghist of the idea.

What do you all think, anymore ideas?
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Art Fiesta Idea Generation Empty Re: Art Fiesta Idea Generation

Post by mazatsushi Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:18 pm

I'll take the credit for that idea.

We could also encourage non-members to submit their own templates, with empty speech bubbles and all, in addition to collaborating with Park....*ahem* I meant CoEN.

Off-topic: Get Jeanny to draw templates using her infamous 4-koma gay s***. We might get some very interesting results Laughing
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:42 pm

drawing booth!!!! >Smile) wheeee (maybe for Coen, dunno)

also also
    since its a 'visual art'
    something visual is required to attract visitors

how about make it compulsory for some / all members to wear striking/decent clothes?
    no need to be that striking to the extent of cosplaying / goth loli etc (although if u dare it might be unique n bring ppl's attention), but can also sth like, the GUYS DRESSING UP.
    i mean, NO jEANS NO T-SHIRTS NO SANDALS Smile) wear sth decent like:
    1. formal clothes? - blazzer vest? Very Happy (some animes got those waiter guys that fans girls love rite?)
    2. j-boys style Smile gel ur hair a bit, wear a bit of colourful clothes thats fashionista just for the day!

i know u guys hate hate hate it but why dont try? coz the girls would love love it
    maybe we got higher chance recruiting fans girls to VAS? n u guys would be blessed with more girls members >Smile

how how?

OH ALSO, kawai/handsome/oppa-tified yourself Smile. Put some hair gels, spike ur hair a bit if required, put on something nice? super tidy tie? clean facial features clean haircuts? wooo girls would love u and it would be A GOOD WAY TO PROMOtE VAS >Smile) & bring more girls (our market target) to our booth!!

girls = shoppaholic (relative to guys)
    more girls = higher chance of revenue $ $ $

and yes girls, you need to dreess up too! Smile)
    put on sth kawaii
    usually otakus like moe moe stuffs? or sth kawai kawai which is actually never exist-but o well lets make their dreams comes true so we can sell our merchandises too ? >Smile)
    *no offense :p mwahaha*

ok i should stop blabbering n make amos/weiliang/whoever read this have this kind of facial expression -> O_O or =_=

Thanks u =P

- jeanny yo
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:20 pm

i put forward the motion that jeanny show us what to do and lead by example the next meeting!!!
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:59 pm

if i really come buffed up a bit, u should really come with whatever criteria i mentioned next week :B

deal?
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:08 pm

JoanHong
    JoanHong

Post by JoanHong Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am

Hahaha. Certainly it would be interesting to have a cosplayer at the Arts Fiesta. It will surely attract a lot of attention.

I was thinking girls could just go for the japanese style look with skirt and high japanese socks. Blazer is common in NBS but not in other parts of the school. But it's really HOT. Haha.

I totally agree with Jeanny that girls would be our main customers. So guys! Do your part and attract more girls to our booths! But I doubt any guys would be willing to cosplay as a shitsuji. Sighz. I do think VAS has not enough girls. (the reason we lost in the voting for the color of our club T) In order to get more girls in MAIN COMM especially, this is the CHANCE!
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:26 am

no need blazer XD haha, just vest is hot :b!!

and hahaha joannn you're my best friend <33333
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:38 am

totally for the idea jeanny. and alrights! though i've have the white shirt, socks shoes bow but not the skirt and vest/jacket T.T hahas. but it'll be REALLY COOL to dress up *prays that no presentations or what nonsense falls on that day >x<* ehehhehehee i'll try to add to that guys fashion 101 thread when i find time ahahhaas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 am