NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+3
mazatsushi
Gestaltgeek
chrono
7 posters

M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga

chrono
    chrono

M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga Empty M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga

Post by chrono Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Used to be under YouTube gems in our old forum but I think this is a more appropriate thread title as MADs can also be found on other online video sites like Nico etc.

For the uninitied, click on the link for the meaning of M.A.D

To start off this thread, I shall repost the legendary Nursery Rhyme OP which spawn off numerous parodied MAD.

1) Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

2) Lucky Star Rhyme

3) Kagami Tsunde Rhyme

4) Konata Rhyme

5) Haruhi Melancholy Rhyme

6) Rosen Maiden Rhyme

I believe there are much more out there other than the 6 i posted. ^_^

And lastly, let's not forget this award-winning MAD based on Princess Tutu:

Hold Me Now

M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga Botanri7
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga Empty Re: M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga

Post by Gestaltgeek Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:17 pm

chrono wrote:
    And lastly, let's not forget this award-winning MAD based on Princess Tutu:

Hold Me Now

Man, haven't we watched that one to death already. Haha!
    Anyway here's another Princess Tutu AMV by the same guy : Like youtube, but with anime! (Aka: Kitty Cat Dance)

I'm sure most anime fans by now should be familiar witht he Nico Nico Douga Kumikyoku and all its different variations and derivations (For those who haven't been exposed, here's one of the versions for refrence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiCHi_mWbR4) Here's a handy site where you can download mp3s of most of the the kumikyoku's variants as well as other products of the Nico Nico douga community like the Lantis service Medley and the Urakumikyoku : http://kumikyoku.rintaun.net/

Here's another famous product of the NND community, the Nippon~pon! series! It's a rather amusing MAD using clips and sound effects from Code Geass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25uVJ8hOzY0

One youtube channel I reccomend checking out is that of plamoo's (https://www.youtube.com/user/plamoo) You might remember his famous video using Gundam models to stop motion animate Haruhi's ending dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12gN1s6lik) His youtube account has been deleted several times (he was originally registered as plamo) but he still continued to make stop motion parodies, expanding beyond just Gundam, and incorporating figmas, micromen and busou shinki into his work. His more recent stuff is leaps and bounds ahead of his earlier work (eg. Strike Witches opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itrjz_HO1DE&feature=channel_page) go check them out!.
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga Empty Re: M.A.D/Video finds on Youtube/ NicoNico Douga

Post by mazatsushi Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Kannagi x Ghost in the Shell Variation 3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyIhqRNUFiQ

Hellsing x Ghost in the Shell (this one brings back memories):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOo8tfsACw4
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 pm

whaaat~ are there no vocaloid fans~~~
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 am

Ah yes vocaloid~~~ i'll post a few but b4 that....

Zero no Seikan Hikou
    Anyone seen this vid b4? actually more important is to "hear" it. While there are several version with the same mad vid clip, a fwe have someone singing in a voice that sounds like lelouch, this one is the most convincing i feel.

Vocaloid Honey
    Bokusatsu Tenshi Oyashiro-Sama
    Voca-On!
    Don't Say My World is Lazy (Don't say lazy x World is mine)

ah almost forgot
    url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aPtNvc4WzM]Troubled Windows (OS-tans)[/url]

Thats all for now~[
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 pm

The following are for the UC Gundam fans.

Nissin specifically got the original voice actors for Gundam 0079 to re-enact their old lines for their udon commercials...

1) A parody of Amuro after his epic battle with Lala. 見える!.

2) Also a parody, this time of the legendary "SIEG ZEON!" speech during Zabi Garma's state funeral. Both videos are burning with manly passion, satisfaction personally guaranteed.
    The original speech
    ジューシうどん!
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 am

haha, my sis came across this vid...have no idea how she came across it...but its worth a laugh at least

funny part starts at the 1min mark

Laundry Day

*spoiler*

its a henshin parody but still funny to watch for the way it was animated
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 am

actually this was on sankaku complex (and brought to my attention by weiliang) but this is touhou-related and really really nice!!!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8628149
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:09 am

Oh, Bad Apple. That's actually pretty well done, but will only be truly appreciated by Touhou fans. Other people will just go "Who the hell are this characters?"

Also, I LOLed at the part with Flandere Scarlet. Crazy yandere FTW.
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 pm

actually, touhou or not, it's stylish, well done, and quite... um, full of movement?
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 pm

wwy wrote:actually, touhou or not, it's stylish, well done, and quite... um, full of movement?

Fluid is the word I'd think of. And really lifelike movements, I'd almost believe it was rotorscoped! touhou fan or not, that was great animation
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:53 am

hmmm this one has been ard for sometime already but might be nice to see...

ppl already know that the song "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" was used in both evangelion 2.0 (super epic version by hayashibara megumi) and K-On!(rock version)

this is the K-On! version animated with MMD, just interesting to see i guess
    [MMD] K-On! "Tsubasa wo Kudasai"

oh and a nice animation of kimi no shiranai monogatari, there are some scenes that look traced from k-on and higurashi but there are a few more that i'm not too sure of, the hands part at the end...
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:23 pm

hmmmm found this set interesting...though i've seen only the haruhi one long time ago...anyone got any more?

These are Animated Typographies where they animate the words/lyrics. There are others but i'm only posting anime related ones~

Haruhi Introduction
    Pre-Parade (Toradora OP)
    Cagayake Girls (K-On! OP)
    Don't Say Lazy (K-ON! ED)
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Never look at lolis the same way again. Ever.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:10 pm

dun get y u chose that nanoha vid with the alternate background music...preferred the original back ground music...

anyways i think this vid here is a better vid of not to look at lolis the same way again and y mahou shoujo lolis are >>> gundams

(i've got this feeling i posted this b4...)
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:53 pm

On the topic of crossover videos, here's another fanmade (or rather fan mashed together) crossover series.

Legend of the Galactic Haruhi

Basically it's a mash up of Haruhi, specifically from the "Day of Sagittarius" episode from the firsts season, and clips from its direct inspiration Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

First Opening (compare to here)
    Second Opening (compare to here)

Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 9
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 pm

We seriously need more awesome stuff like this to go around.
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:57 pm

To help educate some of our more clueless comrades, I have kindly posted this video graphically depicting what constitutes a trap.

Note that the video is only part 1 of an entire playlist.
    Riiyu

Post by Riiyu Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 pm

about the Nanoha vs Kira clip.... on one hand, she became murderous... on another, she killed Fllay/Frei... dunno how i should feel about it, really. =P
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 pm

This is some serious cool shit right here. I miss my Gameboy.