NTU Visual Arts Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

+14
kamikazer
Ningx
Dialkia
draxander
Kalina
hitsugaya_vk
chibichan
JoanHong
mazatsushi
shuupi
Kageshiro
wwy
Gestaltgeek
Stifler
18 posters

Karaoke Session this Recess Week!

Stifler
    Stifler

Karaoke Session this Recess Week! Empty Karaoke Session this Recess Week!

Post by Stifler Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:41 pm

So, one of the objectives that Denise had in mind was karaoke sessions. Well, no time like the present, I say. Cancel that, make it the upcoming recess week, where we do not have to go to school. X_X

Besides,it'd be a good time for us subcommers ( and members, if they want to) to get together and have some fun. It doesn't matter if you can't sing. No one can....Well, if you have a great voice then I suppose you could, but I can't. I'd probably kill people with my voice, but I digress. It doesn't matter if you can't read the words - all you'd have to do is print out the lyrics and bring them along with you! Or sing songs that everyone knows, such as "God Knows..." or "Cruel Angel Thesis" or even "What about my Star?"

Do reply here if you are interested...I'd have to go book the room over at Cash Studio. I have a friend who was forced to cancel his karaoke session this sunday because the place was full. X_X

Have a day to relax and have fun, before we all start studying for the mid term exams. Gah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so counting those who expressed interest so far...

Comfirmed:
    1) Myself, obviously. (Alvin)
    2) Mazatsushi (Desmond)
    3) Gestaltgeek (Amos)
    4) Nguyen Duc Hieu
    5) Kageshiro, probably.
    6) JoanHong
    7) Kamikazaer (Kun Long)
    Cool Chibichan (Denise)
    9) Jun Ming
    9) Sunny
    10) Jerrine
    11) Peiqi

Possibly coming:
    Jerrine
    Hai

I've told the operator that there will be about 10 person or so people going, so that leaves room for some more people to join in, like our friends from comics ensemble or from designing. And Hitsugaya, you should come to get those "things" that you wanted...Heeheehee.

Date and time will be on the 30th of September, at 1.00 pm. Meeting place is at Somerset MRT. Those who want to have lunch together can meet me at 12 noon, also at Somerset MRT. I'll be wearing my Gurren Lagann jacket, so even if you do not know my face, you will be able to find me. When everyone has arrived, we will walk over to Cuppage Plaza and reach at 1.30 pm.

Prices, as Joan has so kindly posted for us, are as follows:

$30 for the first 3 persons, and an additional $5 for any additional person. It would be for 3 hours, but with any luck, we might be able to extend for free, so hope for that.

And finally, if your name is not on the list above and you wish to come, you can email me over at alvinchua383[AT]msn[dot]com, or just post on this thread. Respectively, if your name is on the list and you suddenly can't make it, you can contect me in the same way.

Hope to see you all there!

You can also reach me at 81200240.

Last edited by Stifler on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 am; edited 5 times in total
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Karaoke Session this Recess Week! Empty Re: Karaoke Session this Recess Week!

Post by Gestaltgeek Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 pm

I for one am all for gatherings during recess week! It's club tradition after all! Perhaps we can run off more activities that we can hold during the holidays. Anyone up for board games at settlers?Our club size this year is quite daunting though.

Also, chalet for december holidays?
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 am

are we going to combine with the other clubs or is it a solo animu thing?
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:26 am

It'd be great to bond as a club, but size is always an issue. If we are gonna do a chalet in december, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, in fact I'd prefer if we did do one as a club.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 am

Gestaltgeek wrote:I for one am all for gatherings during recess week! It's club tradition after all! Perhaps we can run off more activities that we can hold during the holidays. Anyone up for board games at settlers?Our club size this year is quite daunting though.

Also, chalet for december holidays?

I won't mind going to Settlers. Or Minds Cafe. Or Manga-Kiss - never actually been there before.

Chalet for december, huh? I have to see about it - flying to the land of the rising sun later that month, so hopefully it won't crash with anything.

Edit: So, who wants to go for karaoke? Since that's the whole purpose of this thread. Ahaha.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:18 am

Nvr done karaoke with...ppl b4~...only in the shower or in the car or when i'm alone~~...(yay hikikomori ftw!!!) but i dun mind giving it a go...at least i know some haruhi/lucky star/nge/macross/and several other songs...only problem is that the first verse is ok but 2nd verse is a bit >_<;; and oh ya btw...hare hare yukai/motteke sailor fuku are ranked as one of the highest ranked songs not to do with ppl who dun understand the culture XD (or deculture as macross fans might say...) I think idol m@ster songs also rank quite high up there >_<;; but then again >_> if there are ppl who know the song "Go My Way" >_<;; cough...i also memorised the lyrics to that one at least...

ah another btw...anyone else also memorised some of the dances for hare hare yukai/lucky star...kannagi not quite much exactly...nogizaka haruka dance also not exactly a full one...Go My Way maybe...uh...then there are a lot of vocaloid ones...

oh btw i like this song and its relatively ez to memorise
    Vocaloid Honey
    anyone else seen this and likes it?
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Ahaha. Not to worry. You don't have to sing it well - all you must to do have fun! Who cares if you butcher the song? God knows we can't sing much - it's the passion that drives us! And that's what counts. The important thing at karaoke is to just have enjoy what you are doing.

Not sure if there are any Vocaloid songs through...But there are IM@S songs. Yes, including "Go My Way". Through people probably won't know the song unless they play IM@S. Ahaha. I'm guess you have the PSP version of IM@S or the XBOX game, Kageshiro?
    Gestaltgeek
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm all for it!

Perhaps you might get a faster response if you send out an e-mail to the rest of the subcomm. Maybe also poll the for other possible activites during the recess break week. I've heard that NUS's Anime bazaar will be held during our recess week. It'll be a good chance to check out our counterparts from the other side of the expressway.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:39 pm

sadly i dun have the original im@s game...only the live 4 u version of it....but its a rhythm game so i can't complain. (except i can't get the do-dai/shining smile/other songs and costumes...oh btw u might know but others might not...that the seiyuu mami and ami from IM@S also is the voice of rin and ren from the vocaloid series...something about twins =_=;;

also...noted ur choice of words...."God Knows"....hehehe...oh also...i dun like butchering the song. >_<;;

abt the response...well yea...we still dun have that many ppl registered here...sighs...the discussions are like between 4 ppl >_<;; might as well have an msn chat room.
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm on yo!! Wink

its on recces week right? Very Happy

also, i wanna see Wei Liang sing, so wei liang is on too!! whether or not he likes it =B.

- Jeanny (comic ensemble side ;-D)
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Count. Me. In!

Off-topic: There's also a Cash Studio branch at Bedok for those living in the east zone (just not sure how often they update the rosters).
    JoanHong
    JoanHong

Karaoke Session this Recess Week! Empty karaoke

Post by JoanHong Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 pm

There are several Cash Studio outlets around Singapore.

However, to my knowledge, only the ones at cuppage plaza and ming arcade have the japanese songs machine (DAM).

Also, the newest books is the June edition thin book which has most of the new songs of 2009.

Cuppage has 3 to 4 rooms while ming arcade only has 1. U should check the number of people going first because the only room that is bigger is in Cuppage plaza.

Try to go on Mondays to Thursday before 6pm? There's free extension if there isnt anyone booking after you. Furthermore, there's student price during that time. $30 for 1st 3 people. $5 for each additional person. $2 for the copyright thingy per person.

Heee, that's a place I go at least once a month.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Okay, so counting those who expressed interest so far...

1) Myself, obviously. (Alvin)
    2) Mazatsushi (???) XD
    3) Gestaltgeek (Amos)
    4) Shuupi (Jeanny, comic ensemble)
    5) Kageshiro, probably.
    6) ......Maybe Gary? I don't know.

So that means...probably 5 people, 6 if Gary decides to come. 7 if Shuupi can drag Weiliang there.
    Kageshiro
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:49 pm

oh? since the 2009 songs are out...anyone planning to do uh....k-on songs....hehehe...

~kimi o miteru to, itsumo no haato doki-doki
    fueru omoide mashimaro mitai ni fuwa fuwa~

...just wondering if everyone or most have seen the karaoke bits in...lucky star and kannagi...
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Oooooooh yay Alvin i <3 u! XD thanks thanks for the great work!

I should be available to go! The date and time... have it been decided? I suppose that's the next thing to do. Have anyone replied you over email about this? Sry for not answering sooner. Was bogged down by various stuff =.=

P/s: would it be better to put the list of ppl going @ the top of the page aka edit your first post? So that it's clearer Smile

~ Denise
    mazatsushi
    mazatsushi

Post by mazatsushi Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:02 am

Stifler wrote:Okay, so counting those who expressed interest so far...

2) Mazatsushi (???) XD
    Aye, that will be Desmond. FYI it's pronounced as マザツシ, though it is commonly mistaken as マザッスシ.

PS: Who's Alvin btw? VERY bad with remembering names =P
    wwy
    wwy

Post by wwy Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 am

i think we should start having a member list complete with photos and circulate it via email...
    chibichan
    chibichan

Post by chibichan Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:35 am

Ah yes photos. I've sent out my contact list but the photos will be a nice touch. Smile maybe we'll take a picture @ one of the regular meetings then mass send it! XD
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 pm

mazatsushi wrote:
    Stifler wrote:Okay, so counting those who expressed interest so far...

2) Mazatsushi (???) XD
    Aye, that will be Desmond. FYI it's pronounced as マザツシ, though it is commonly mistaken as マザッスシ.

PS: Who's Alvin btw? VERY bad with remembering names =P

Ahaha. Then lets meet up at the karaoke and find out. XD I remember you, Desmond. lol

Anyway, time and date will be tentatively on Monday or Wednesday afternoon. I'm guessing that most people would be free then?
    shuupi
    shuupi

Post by shuupi Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

oh btw, sry i didnt really pay attention to the details earlier xP

can we make it not strictly to anime song? Very Happy
    as in open to any type of song =))

coz if its anime song then i cant sing TT.TT hvnt watched anime for ages
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:14 am

Sure. There's English songs as well, and i'm pretty sure Chinese too, through never bothered to try them. After all, if we want to sing them, Kbox would be the place to go. But there are English songs, don't worry. XD
    hitsugaya_vk
    hitsugaya_vk

Post by hitsugaya_vk Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 am

えっと、may not be free... might got stuff on. gomen.
    Stifler
    Stifler

Post by Stifler Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 am

Sian. I want to see you sing Colors again. LOL.

Sure, not problem Vess. Some other time, then.
    hitsugaya_vk
    hitsugaya_vk

Post by hitsugaya_vk Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 am

lols. I CANNOT SING LAH... the youtube video shows it. LOL
    Kalina
    Kalina

Post by Kalina Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey... Unfortunately I can't make it for the karaoke session... Sorry about that... X(

~Pei Shan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 am